Friday, August 14, 2009

1 Week Update

Tried a little experiment today with the 20oz bottle on the left. I had added some water to it already just to get the level up some. Here is what I tried today; Poured off a little of the wine. Made a simple syrup with about of 2tbls of sugar and added to the bottle. It appeared that there is no fermentation activity as of today. I figured the added sugar will either start the yeast back to work or sweeten the wine.

What I pored off was a little clearer then when I racked it into the bottle. Took a small taste and it was not to bad. Very dry with a good bite, but a yeasty smell. I guess time should cure this issue. The small bottle should be a good representation of what is in the 3L bottle, but a little diluted because of the water I used to top it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment