Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mead

I started a batch of Mead on Friday.  And now 36 hours later it is fermenting nicely.  I also bottled up some more Beer on Friday.  This was my forth batch, it is a 2.5g batch of American Style Wheat.  Drier finish, less fruiter and more hops than a German or Belgian style. It tasted pretty good but flat.  I actually had for a short time on Friday where nothing was being fermented or aging.  All my wine/beer projects had been bottled.  That was the perfect time to start some mead.  I plan to start concentrating more of my wine making efforts of my home grown grapes.  Which are growing quite nicely, including the vines I added this year.  I should have a real good crop of Muscadine Grapes.  Next year I expect to have 3 times the amount as my vines mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment