Saturday, October 31, 2009

Polk County White: First True Tasting

The Polk County White is 3 months old and has been in the bottle for a month.  I decided it was time to give one a try.

Nose:  Light fruity and tart aroma.

Taste
:  Slightly Tart and Sweet at the same time.  Light fruit with a hint of Muscat or Muscadine taste and a good sweetness balance.

Alc
:  I did not have a hydrometer when I started the batch, so I am unable to determine the alcohol content of the wine.  The feel is around 10% if I had to guess.  It definitely is not prominent or over powering at all just sort of in the background.

Final Notes
: For a first batch, not bad. It makes for an average White Table Wine. I actually wish I had left it dry and had not sweetened it. It is very easy drinking and goes done very quick.  I might actually be able to make this stuff.
If I make this again I think I will leave it dry and definitely make the alcohol near 12%.

Try another bottle in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment