Thursday, January 21, 2010

Starting the Vineyard

I have a good size Backyard and one half is pretty much unused.  We have tried a couple of different Landscaping options but with the Florida Heat, bugs and the weeds constantly taking over, we gave up.  So this past year my wife agreed to give that half of the yard.  So I plan to install a small Vineyard and a Garden area.  The Garden will include some  fruit trees and raised beds for some vegetables.


The Vineyard will consist of 3 40 foot long rows.  I will be planting 3 varieties of Grapes that grow here in Florida.  2 Muscadine Noble. 2 Bronze Magnolia Scuppernong, and 4 Black Spanish Hybrids.

I started work on the Vineyard area yesterday. I have included a couple of photos to show the progress. First I had to remove the pond I install years ago for the Turtles and fill in the hole.

After filling in the hole from the pond, day 2 was all about making sure the ground was somewhat even and packed.  Then to install the trellis system.  I got it all laid out and posts are set.  Here are a couple of pictures to show progress.

1/21/2010:  Adding the support wires today.  I think I will probably make a change by adding a tensioning device to the wire later.

No comments:

Post a Comment