Thursday, November 19, 2009

Muscadine Final Racking (hopefully)


Been a month since the last racking.  The wine is super clear with some crystal looking sediment. Racked and filtered through a sanitized coffee filter. I adjusted the SG (sweetness) level of both gallons during the previous racking to different levels between the to gallons.  I took very small samples and like the difference in flavors between them.  One gallon I was adjusted to an SG of 1.012 and the other I adjusted to 1.006 and added 1/8tsp of Tannin.

The finished wine is a far cry from the completion of Primary fermentation.

If there is no sediment in next 2 weeks I will be bottling the wine to free up my carboys for wine to make more.

12/3/09:  Still dropping sediment.  Guess I better slow down and wait.  Just let nature takes its course and not try to rush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment